Thursday, November 09, 2006

Arbi Raita

Hi everyone,

I am starting this blog all over again. Since I am new to blogging, I was not aware of the fact that I cannot take images from other sites. However, thanks for visiting my site and leaving all those comments and making me aware of this. Konkani recipes are vast. The ingredients and method does not vary much. I will be writing some simple Konkani recipes with commonly found ingredients. Hope it will be useful for those interested in Konkani food. Today, I will be writing this simple recipe, which is quite common in North Kanara vasarees. Hope you will like it.


Ingredients:

250 gm arbi
1-2 onions finely chopped
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 cup curd
1 teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste

Method:

Wash the arbi well and cook them in a pressure cooker. Once it is cool, peel them and then mash them well. Add rest of the ingredients to the mashed arbi and mix well. This is a good side dish for a spicy randai or gassi.

This raita can also be done with cooked and mashed potatoes.

Labels: