Friday, February 15, 2008

Methi Thamboli

Hi Folks!!!
I am back after a long hibernation. I was quite busy with my transcription work. Since I have taken early retirement from my transcription job I will start posting reciepes regularly.

This is a simple reciepe, which does not require any cooking. This can be made within minutes, all you need is buttermilk or curds. You can make this when you are not in a mood to cook anything elaborate and also do not want a takeaway. This is a perfect dish for such occasions.

Methi Thamboli

1 cup of buttermilk or curds
2 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
2-3 dry red chillies (roasted in little oil)
1 teaspoon methi seeds (roasted in little oil)
Salt to taste.

Method:

Grind grated coconut, roasted red chillies, and roasted methi seeds into a fine paste. Add the fine paste to the buttermilk and also add salt to taste. You can have this thamboli with rice.

I told you it is going to be very simple. You can make this thamboli with onion, ginger, or both. More about this in my next post.